Contact

This page is meant to serve as a sort of general ‘contact’ page – so, feel free to comment here if you have any comments that don’t fit on any of the dedicated pages! I used to accept donations, but I decided to stop accepting them since I have a full-time job now. If you’d like to support me, though, feel free to download or buy one of my albums from Bandcamp!

143 thoughts on “Contact

1. Marisa~Nya April 6, 2015 / 6:01 pm

Ah….also, I’ll put this here. But I think I speak on behalf of many of the people requesting things from you here on this page that, again, I would like to say thank you and that you do a great job. I consider any translator doing work on a level only one below actual circle arrangers, which are second only to ZUN himself. I REALLY respect what you do, and I don’t think of you as any sort of translating robot. If it ever seems like I (or rather, we) overwhelm you with requests, I’m REALLY sorry. Anyways…just wanted to make sure you know ❤

• releska April 6, 2015 / 7:26 pm

Thank you :’) Reading comments like that means a lot! Of course, none of this would be possible without ZUN and the arrangers + lyricists, but I’m grateful to have the support of everyone who puts requests in and reads my translations 🙂 Thanks again!

2. mekouchii May 25, 2015 / 9:48 am

Thanks for all the work you did for me (and everyone else), buddy. You are really awesome, let alone the fact that you translated so much for me from this Reitaisai in lightspeed.
    I hope you decide to take donations one day, because that would be the second thing I’d use PayPal for once I turn 18, directly after my first Shibayan album, of course.
    Stay amazing! ★

• releska May 25, 2015 / 1:03 pm

You’re welcome 🙂 Honestly, I’ve really enjoyed translating all these songs over the last few months, and since I’m studying Japanese at university, it’s like I’m killing 2 birds with one stone >_< So I'll keep doing my best!
      Thanks again for your support (and the requests, too). I enjoy watching your subtitled videos, so keep up the good work with them, too! 😀

3. Eiki June 17, 2015 / 9:10 am

Okay, I just have a little question: could you tell me what 憂威 means?

• releska June 17, 2015 / 9:32 am

This is one of those ‘words’ that isn’t actually a word, but is rather a string of kanji. In this case, I think it’s meant to be read as ‘ゆうい’ (yuui).

The first Kanji (憂 – ‘yuu’) means ‘melancholy,’ and the second (威 – ‘i’) means ‘power’ (in the sense of ‘influence/authority’) or ‘majesty.’ So when you put the two together, I think it means something like ‘Melancholy Power’

• releska June 17, 2015 / 4:54 pm

Is there a particular sentence or anything it’s used in? I meant to ask about it earlier, but I forgot…

• Eiki June 17, 2015 / 8:47 pm

Well, it’s in title of a song, and the rest is in katakana. Which seems to mean ‘lamentation’

• Eiki June 28, 2015 / 4:53 am

Oh, and do you know how to translate this: 冬空のアルペジオ

• releska June 28, 2015 / 8:59 am

It means “Arpeggio of the Winter Sky.” Arpeggio is a musical term (the notes of a chord played one by one, in order), and the rest should be pretty straightforward 🙂

4. Eiki September 23, 2015 / 5:14 am

Hello, I wanted to ask you one thing about this translation
    お元気ですか

こちら雨です
    窓の花がしとしとしています
    早く晴れればいいのにね

それでは
    またお会いしましょう

愛をこめて

Can that mean
    “Hello, how are you?

Here’s raining
    The drizzle is falling on the flowers outside the window
    I wish the weather would get better soon

So
    Let’s meet again someday

With love”
    Thanks!

• releska September 23, 2015 / 8:26 am

Yeah, that’s fine! If anything, I’d replace ‘Here’s raining’ to ‘It’s raining here’ to make it sound even more natural, but the rest is fine 🙂

• releska December 21, 2015 / 3:28 pm

Hello! I managed to finish translating the titles: http://pastebin.com/wBd2T3iA
      I tried to romanise as many of them as I could. Some place names might also be different, since I haven’t played the full game.

5. ze January 12, 2016 / 11:54 am

Hi, I sent a little donations to your PayPal. Please check it for received it even though it isn’t much 8’)

I really appreciate your translations! The trivia / the meaning of Japanese metaphors you give to us really made us became more understand about the lyrics. Plus, I may use your translations as subtitles for my fanmade PV (with original characters or Touhou characters) for the future if you don’t mind…and probably I will request some lyrics again next time.

Thank you very much for your hard work!

• releska January 12, 2016 / 12:27 pm

I saw that! Thank you so much 🙂 From my end, I really appreciate the kind comments I receive from you and the other people who read my translations. Honestly, it’s helped make something that I started to improve my Japanese skills into something even more fulfilling. Good luck with your future endeavours! Thanks once more for the support 🙂 I look forward to translating more of your requests…!

6. DastevEnoch March 21, 2016 / 2:33 am

Hey Releska! I’ve just seen your post regarding the changes of your blog and I find it admirable that you’ve been asking for permission of the circles in order to post their lyrics.

I couldn’t understand the post very well though, so I ought to ask. In cases such as RD Sounds, for example, will you still keep the lyrics in romaji? Heh, this might sound silly but I really like understanding what the singer is saying (or even singing along sometimes!) so I really appreciate them.

Thanks in advance!

• releska March 21, 2016 / 7:15 am

Thanks for the support 🙂 Unfortunately, I’ll be removing the romaji from those posts as well. It’s a really grey area, but I want to make sure that what I do matches exactly what the circles want me to do! In some cases it will be ‘English translation only’ but in other cases, posting lyrics + romaji will be allowed too.

• DastevEnoch March 21, 2016 / 8:00 am

Oh that’s a shame! But I understand your reasoning, so no problem. It’s still very cool of you to be asking for the circles for permission!

I’m quite curious about why they would allow english lyrics to be posted but not the other types, though. Oh well!

7. Runixzan July 10, 2016 / 8:31 pm

Hi, I just wanted to let you know that on the Index page, the link to Black Parrot by monochrome-coat doesn’t lead anywhere. Cheers.

8. Slascoplerd July 14, 2016 / 8:43 pm

Hello, Releska! I have a simple question regarding your translations:
    Do you accept requests from people to translate e-mails and similar things?
    Also, will you ever consider translating doujin songs that aren’t Touhou related?

I’m in need of help to contact some doujin composers and request their permissions to use their songs in my videos (the reason I need doujin songs is because I couldn’t find other song types that fit with what I’m making)

Sorry if you’ve already answered this somewhere and I’m too ignorant to look for it, but I just wanted some clarification. Thanks in advance!

• releska July 15, 2016 / 6:09 pm

Hello! I do translate doujin songs that aren’t Touhou-related [they’re at the bottom of my index page], so I’m happy to help out. I can also translate e-mails. but it generally takes a bit longer. Please send me an e-mail and we can discuss this further 🙂

• Slascoplerd July 15, 2016 / 8:38 pm

Thank you for the confirmation! I wrote down your e-mail, I’ll contact you when I have the time!

As of now I’m receiving help from some others who show interest in helping translate my e-mails, so I’ll need to have them confirm first (whether they actually have time to help or not) before I contact you through there.

Also at the moment my e-mail has been blocked for unknown reasons meaning I can’t contact you (nor anyone else) through that. Apologies!

Anyhow, as I said I’ll contact you whenever time allows and if the other volunteers aren’t available. Until then!

• releska July 17, 2016 / 9:23 am

That’s not a problem! I’m here to help if needed 🙂

9. yarento August 11, 2016 / 7:19 am

HELLO RELESKA!

first of all, sorry if i make some typo’s english is not my native idiom(greetings from Mexico!).

I am really happy for your traslations as i really love Sally albums/songs, you even translate them to the point to pinpoint the feelings of the song or even decrypt a posibble message. you are awesome for that!!

i would like to ask for a commision but since i don’t like ask whitout give i be already donated you something (is not that much but i hope it helps ;A 😉

it even has the lirycs there. i hope its not bottersome

and again, thx so much for your awesome work!!

• releska August 11, 2016 / 3:41 pm

Thank you very much! 😀 I’m more than happy to translate that song. It seems to be quite popular, so I’ll do my best to have it done soon…!
      Thanks again for the support. It means a lot to me! 🙂

10. Runixzan August 24, 2016 / 9:09 pm

Hi, real quick, could you translate these lines?

(あなたは私、私はだぁれ?)

(私はあなた,あなたはだれ?)

(私は私,あなたはだれ?)

(私は私,あなたは邪魔?)

They are lines from the song ‘who killed U.N.Owen’ from the album ‘First Memory x Next Memory’ by ‘Liz Triangle x 暁Records’ that Akatsuki Records added that aren’t listed here: https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Lyrics:_Who_Killed_U.N.Owen

• releska August 24, 2016 / 9:22 pm

“You are me. Who am I?”
      “I am you. Who are you?”
      “I am me. Who are you?”
      “I am me, and you’re a nuisance?”

11. hetavocacore November 14, 2016 / 2:49 pm

um, I’m not sure if my comment went through, so… ><
    Could you translate this line for me? "使用させて頂いた原曲のタイトルひらがな4文字(※らららきではないです。)"

• releska November 14, 2016 / 4:35 pm

Don’t worry, it went through. Sometimes the site doesn’t let comments through immediately >_>
      I’m not sure what the context is, but from the looks of it, it says: “The title of the original song I used can be spelled with 4 hiragana characters (*It isn’t ‘ra-ra-ra-ki/la-la-la-ki’)”

• releska December 25, 2016 / 8:05 am

Thanks! I must have somehow managed to turn comments off on that particular post >_>

12. Vengeance December 26, 2016 / 10:49 pm

I left a little something on your Paypal. Thank you for the beautiful translations 😀

• releska December 27, 2016 / 8:29 am

Ah, thank you! I appreciate that from the bottom of my heart 🙂 Wishing you all the best for 2017, and I’m looking forward to translating more of your requests!

• Vengeance December 28, 2016 / 12:02 am

Id love to do some more, if you have some time for it 🙂 Best wishes for 2017!! 😀

• Vengeance February 26, 2017 / 12:18 am

I left a little more. Im glad I can understand these songs better now, thank you 🙂

• releska February 26, 2017 / 9:56 am

You’re welcome, and once again, I deeply appreciate your support 🙂 I’m looking forward to translating more of your requests in the future…!

• Vengeance May 27, 2017 / 6:36 am

Left something again for your help, thank you 😀

• releska May 27, 2017 / 3:28 pm

Thank you :’) Like usual, I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart…! (^_^)

• releska January 16, 2017 / 4:37 pm

Hello! Thanks for that – I must have overlooked it somewhere along the line. It’s on the list now in its proper place, so I’ll make sure it gets translated soon 🙂

• roboscape January 16, 2017 / 7:18 pm

Thank you!

13. bla bla bla April 25, 2017 / 12:20 am

Just read your permissions page, and my curiosity has been piqued; Why do some circles want you to remove the kanji lyrics but are okay with romaji? I understand that booklet scans are no-go, but shouldn’t sharing the (text) romaji lyrics and kanji lyrics have the same effect on them? Any idea?

• releska April 25, 2017 / 9:50 am

Originally when I was seeking permission to post lyrics, I started by asking for permission to post an English translation only, then I intended to go up the scale asking for permission to post the romanised lyrics then the original lyrics. I stuck with that for about two circles, then I realised it would be more convenient to just ask about all 3 in one go (I felt like I was constantly annoying the circle leaders). I found that I had more success and clearer answers after changing my question – now, circle leaders tend to approve all 3 in one go.

So, in the case of the two romanisation-only circles, it’s not really a case of them saying ‘no Japanese lyrics’ but more of a case of me just playing it safe and sticking to what I obtained permission for rather than continuing to annoy the circle leaders about it. I mean, you’re right – if a circle allows the posting of romaji lyrics, then I’m pretty sure they’re okay with posting the original lyrics too, but I just decided to play it safe.

Incidentally, that’s the reason why I don’t post the Japanese lyrics for Diao ye zong tracks – I never received an outright rejection, but since I was asked to remove all of the booklet images, I decided to play it safe and remove the original lyrics + romanisation, too.

• bla bla bla April 25, 2017 / 6:17 pm

Makes sense. Thank you for your response and all of your hard work!

• releska May 31, 2017 / 8:42 am

My apologies! I added it to my list (^_^)

• roboscape May 31, 2017 / 2:33 pm

Thanks again!

14. Runixzan November 18, 2017 / 7:24 am

Hi, I was just wondering, has there been a translation you’ve done that you ranked a 10 in difficulty?

15. 湯野佐々木 January 26, 2018 / 10:52 pm

What does this mean: 嘘つきアリスとくじら号をめぐる冒険
    Thank you!

• releska January 27, 2018 / 9:52 am

I think it means something like ‘The Liar Alice and Her Adventure Aboard the Kujira’

Kujira [Whale] is probably a ship, since it has 号 at the end.

• 湯野佐々木 January 27, 2018 / 4:24 pm

Thank you very much!
        It’s very helpful for me. 🙂

• 湯野佐々木 February 16, 2018 / 9:51 pm

Hi, Releska-san, how to read this one in Japanese: Ver .3.0 (in song Game is Over from TAMAONSEN)
          Thanks a lot!

• releska February 17, 2018 / 6:45 am

baajon surii point zero? I think? In these cases I like to listen to the song and see if I can hear it there

• 湯野佐々木 February 17, 2018 / 1:22 pm

Thanks, but in that song, 3.0 it’s read as san ten zero, so I want to ask how to read “.” before number three?

• releska February 17, 2018 / 1:26 pm

I don’t think it’s meant to be read out. Perhaps the intended form is Ver. 3.0
                In that case, the . shows that version has been shortened to ver. If that’s not it I’m not sure what it could be…

Either way, use the way they sing it as your guide (^_^)b

16. mr.deagle April 3, 2018 / 6:56 am

Hi Releska,

I see that you currently prefer support through Bandcamp over donations, but I was wondering if you would reconsider or privately provide me with an address to which I can donate. I don’t particularly dislike Bandcamp as I’m fine with having purchased many albums from them already, but I came here for your translations and Bandcamp takes a 15% cut from digital purchases; that’s triple other services like Patreon and Digital Tip Jar, so I’d rather use a means of support other than Bandcamp so that a larger percentage of my donation goes to you. Just figured I’d at least ask.

Thanks

• releska April 3, 2018 / 8:12 pm

Hello! Thank you for your comment, I really appreciate it 🙂

In the end I took down the donate button because I wasn’t sure if taking donations would cause issues with my new job. It looks like that won’t be an issue, so this is the old link I had up: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=R58PTEGNMLVHL

I appreciate any and all support, even if it’s as simple as a thank you (^_^) That stuff really keeps me going

• mr.deagle April 5, 2018 / 1:14 am

Thanks for providing the link, and I’m happy support you in more ways than a thank you since I too have a full-time job. 🙂 Donations are donations, and you’re not charging anything for your work on this site, so I can’t imagine anything going wrong (although apparently Australia has some strange laws).

• releska April 5, 2018 / 8:53 pm

Ahhh, thank you so much! (^_^) I truly appreciate and am humbled by your support. I’ll be sure to put your kind contribution to good use!

17. Armand Sadowski April 19, 2018 / 7:43 pm

Can you please translate more Unlucky Morpheus songs when you have some spare time? Some examples: La voix du sang; Opfer; Dead Leaves Rising; Change of Generation; imagimak (acoustic); Kyomou no Koibito With UNDEAD CORPORATION live; Angreifer; Vampire Cover; Get Revenge On The Tyrant ; Satsuriku no Miseria etc.

Thank you in advance!

• releska April 21, 2018 / 9:49 am

I don’t listen to Unlucky Morpheus so it’s unlikely that I’ll translate any of their songs by myself 😦 However! If you can find the lyrics to some songs you like, I’m happy to take on a request while my request period is open! (^_^)

18. 湯野佐々木 April 29, 2018 / 12:58 pm

What is this line mean: 花丸印の日のもとで

• releska April 29, 2018 / 1:46 pm

It’s hard to tell without context, but it looks something like “beneath the sun, shaped like a flower circle”

• 湯野佐々木 April 29, 2018 / 1:58 pm

From Zoku Touken Ranbu -Hanamaru- anime.
        The name of the opening song.

• releska April 29, 2018 / 5:11 pm

In that case, I’d change it to ‘Beneath the Sun, the Sign of Hanamaru’ (^_^)

• 湯野佐々木 May 1, 2018 / 5:11 pm

If I translate these lines like this, does it ok?
            ———–
            そんなに大仰なものではないよ

These are not exaggerate things.

触れてみたくて祈るようにフロー
            途方ない隠れん坊
            漂う透けた空模様
            Don’t be shy 願わくば She Saw…

I want to feel them, so my body drifting along with the prayerful.
            The hide and seek game with no reason.
            I drift myself within the transparent sky.
            Don’t be shy, I wish she can see…

君が知らないだけで
            道草の途中にも遥か彼方の星にも
            瞬きをしたその間にさえも溢れている

Because you just don’t know anything about it.
            Loitering in the middle of the way, the distance of the distant star
            Even you need some time to blink, it’s overflowing.

溢れている

Overflowing

人見知りでシャイな貴方だから

Because you’re a shy person.

• releska May 1, 2018 / 8:00 pm

Unfortunately, I don’t proofread translations anymore 😦 Sorry I can’t be of more help here!

19. Kevin B September 6, 2018 / 8:50 pm

I love your translations! I’m trying to become a translator myself and just recently passed the JLPT2… but am lost on what to do for that next step. What did you do for practice?

• Tsubasa Cat September 6, 2018 / 10:06 pm

Oh, and I just love ShinRa-Bansho’s latest album ネタミニティ. From it, ノット・グッド・ワールド is definitely my favorite by far. The progression in the lyrics and religious symbolism/double meanings is great. 白蓮踏みつけ alluding to the character Hijiri Byakuren but also meaning “Trampling over purity”.

• releska September 7, 2018 / 7:42 am

Thank you for your comment! In the end, I started my blog as a way for me to keep improving. I found that it’s tough to maintain and improve your language skills if you’re not regularly exposed to the language, so keeping up such a frequent translation pace has allowed me to do that.

As for general advice, I recommend reading a lot, both in Japanese and English. I’ve struggled to find light novels or regular novels in Japanese that I enjoy, but I’ve got a vast manga collection. It helps out in unexpected ways. I’d also recommend reading translations alongside the original where possible, and even read /different/ translations of the same thing, to see how others approach it.

Also, don’t underestimate the value of diligent, consistent work. Where people don’t progress in Japanese, it’s often because they give up. If you study a little every day, or every couple of days, you’d be surprised at how much of an improvement you’ll make in the long term!

As for ネタミニティ, I’m really looking forward to listening to it today! I can’t wait to translate the tracks, too! I’m glad to hear that the traditional symbolism and double meanings are still there (^_^)

20. traffic January 26, 2019 / 8:59 am

Hi Releska,

I haven’t been keeping up to date with doujin music, but I recently learned that Sally’s Wani wrote a long post about the situation of the circle earlier this month:

I couldn’t find any news in english with a cursory search, but would you know anything about this? From machine translating the responses, it sounds like there are health issues involved. Thanks for all your translations over the years (this isn’t a translation request).

Cheers

• releska January 27, 2019 / 9:56 am

Hello! It wasn’t a translation request but I ended up summarising the post anyway 😅 In short, it doesn’t seem like the circle is officially disbanded, but Wani explains that he will continue to release music at a slower pace using the circle ‘Knife’.

-After publishing ‘Less’, Wani’s feelings and ideals concerning the music published by Sally became too strong, and at that time, he could no longer make new music. As a result, Wani’s physical health declined.

-Wani thinks that his mental image of the Secret Sealing Club, coupled with the songs he had written from his own personal experiences, became a source of instability from him (though the songs he completed became very dear to him).

-Wani feels like he caused great inconvenience to the guest vocalists, NSY, and the fans. He believes it’s his responsibility the circle stopped being active, and apologises deeply.

-He didn’t know if his health would improve and he could write songs from the perspective of ‘Sally’ again, and so was late in letting everyone know about his situation.

-Currently, Wani is able to continue releasing music at a slow pace under Sally’s sister circle, Knife.

-Wani says “残していけたらと思っております。” in regards to Sally’s future. I can’t quite work out what that means, because it can be interpreted as ‘leaving it behind’ (and moving on) or, ‘keeping it (in reserve)’. I think it’s the latter.

• traffic January 29, 2019 / 7:01 am

It’s sad to hear, but I’m glad he’s still able to continue. Thanks again.

21. Mochaflage March 21, 2019 / 11:33 pm

Hello sir.
    Searching 砂の星(halozy)’s lyrics from other uploaded site(and youtube video), i found your translation page is most near-source thing.

So can i know where you took the 砂の星s japanese lyrics?

「誰も知らない星に旅立とう 円を描いてから」
    This ‘から’ part makes me confused about meaning.

• releska March 23, 2019 / 3:29 pm

Hello! Thank you for your comment. Unfortunately I don’t remember exactly where I got those lyrics from. I have since bought a copy of the album this track appears in, so I went back and double-checked the lyrics. I can confirm that that those are the official lyrics.

In this case, I interpret て から as meaning ‘after doing [verb]’. I also interpret the sentence as 円を描いてから誰も知らない星に旅立とう (Let’s set off to a star nobody knows about after drawing a circle).

I hope that answers your question (^_^)

• Mochaflage March 24, 2019 / 7:39 am

Thanx to response sir.
        And sorry to bother by my little question/

22. Innomi August 12, 2019 / 6:24 pm

Hello Releska! I’m not sure where else to put this but could you please check if the translations for these songs are okay?

* https://youtu.be/n7VZxg9pxkg
    *https://lyricstranslate.com/en/はきだす-hakidasu-spit-it-out.html

Thank you! Hope you have a good day!

• releska August 12, 2019 / 7:03 pm

Hello! Thank you for your comment (^_^) My normal standard for judging translations is “If I were to translate this, would my version be significantly different?” This doesn’t mean that the other translation is bad – it just means I’d approach it in a different way.

In this case, I don’t think my interpretation would be significantly different!

• Innomi August 12, 2019 / 9:48 pm

Oh, I see! Thank you so much! Is there anything you’d phrase differently or change for either of those translations then?

Thank you once again! Hope you have a good day.

23. dean November 22, 2019 / 9:13 pm

hello! this is a bit of an odd message, but i hope youre doing alright amidst the fires in australia right now! (you do live there, right? ^^;;) assumming you live near enough to be affected, i guess! but in any case, whether or not youre facing that right now, i hope youre in good health. and thank you as always for taking on so many requests for everyone. i hope you have a nice weekend 😀

• Releska November 23, 2019 / 8:37 am

Thank you for your kind message and thoughts! I’m fortunate enough to not be near enough to the fires to be affected, but a lot of people out there aren’t so lucky 🙁 Definitely thinking of all those affected and doing what little I can to help.

Wishing you a wonderful weekend too!

24. Innomi February 9, 2020 / 7:12 am

Hiya there Releska! I hope you are in good health. How are the voting trials going? Are they proving useful?

Take care and thanks as always for your translations~

• Releska February 9, 2020 / 8:12 am

Hello! Thanks for the well-wishes, I’m in good health at the moment! I hope you’ve been well too (^_^) The voting trials have been useful so far – it lets me plan out my translations a bit more and distribute them more effectively. For next time, I was thinking of increasing the number of songs to vote for so it includes planned translations for two weeks instead of just one.

Sometimes I find that one or two songs are overwhelmingly popular, which means the others get equal votes or no votes at all – the second one was better than the first since all of the songs had different vote totals. Maybe of I let people select more than one song thay might change…?

• Innomi February 9, 2020 / 10:19 am

Glad to hear it! I’m pretty well myself, thank you 🙂 Hmm, I guess allowing people to choose 2 songs might bring about different results. How about having 2 different polls with 7 songs each at a time? Other than that, I would suggest selecting songs from different ratings, (like you did with the second one) and songs from different request periods. And maybe have the polls run for a shorter time, if voters have two options? Since they’re still in the trial process, you have a lot of options to experiment with! Good luck!

• Releska February 9, 2020 / 12:19 pm

Those are some good suggestions! (^_^) I’ll keep trying out different things (like letting people choose more than one song) before I expand the scale – it might take another month or two before I settle on something I feel comfortable with. I’ll definitely make sure I keep mixing up which songs I select for inclusion, too.

25. cc0 February 14, 2020 / 10:57 pm

So… Will you do this translation? (Haine Kleine) ^_^”

• Releska February 16, 2020 / 10:26 am

Thanks for your request! I’m happy to have a look at it, just make sure you remind me when my requests are open (^_^) More info, including a full request calendar, is available on my requests page…! https://releska.com/requests/

26. iggy March 25, 2020 / 12:04 am

hello, releska! i really love everything you do and i pay you a lot of respect! i want to hug you and kiss you and make you a cake. thank you!
    this song has recently been translated. i don’t ask about its accuracy. i hope that this translation is more or less accurate. but i would like to know how its name translates. here is a small question. 😀
    センドウ

• Releska March 29, 2020 / 12:24 pm

Hello! Thank you very much for your kind comment and my apologies for the delay in responding T_T

Because the title is written in katakana and not kanji it’s difficult to work out exactly what it means without translating the whole song 😦 Since the song mentions ‘belief’ quite a bit, I interpret the title as 先導 (Guidance).

I hope that helps, and apologies again for the delay in getting back to you. Have a great day!

• iggy March 31, 2020 / 8:08 am

don’t worry! i’m ready to wait long! your version fits the meaning of the song, so i’m fine with it.
        thank u! \☆o☆/

27. Lilly April 11, 2020 / 6:33 am

Hi! I would like to use some of your translations for youtube. Problem is, youtube subs don’t have clickable links… I could add a link, but it won’t be clickable… Could I use them? and if yes should I put the link within the subtitles or add it in the comments?

• Releska April 11, 2020 / 7:50 am

Hello! I’m okay with links not being clickable – in place of that you could write at the start of the subtitles ‘unofficial translation by Releska’ and in the comments say something like ‘Unofficial translation by Releska’ and include a link to the page (^_^)

I guess I just want to stress to people that my translations aren’t the official English (^_^); Thanks for checking in about that, I appreciate it.

28. iggy April 28, 2020 / 12:32 am

hi, releska! i wonder why you chose to study japanese? do you use it for work? or is it just your hobby? what other languages do you like?

hahaha, i’m interested because i like you for some reason. for example, i like the way you respond politely. (๑˃ᴗ˂)ﻭ

• Releska April 28, 2020 / 8:58 am

Awww thanks for that (^_^) I’ve always believed that it doesn’t take much more effort to be polite, and a little politeness goes a long way.

I started studying Japanese at school 14 years ago and I just kept going with it. I enjoyed learning hiragana and katakana and I wanted to see how much more I could learn. I don’t use it at work so it’s a hobby. I studied French for a little while but didn’t continue with it 😅

Thanks for the comment and take care!!

29. lootlifter May 7, 2020 / 5:25 am

I saw one of your translations the other day (made the song twice as good) and I thought you might know a good place to find lyrics for various touhou arranges.

I like this circle Eternal Melody, but none of their song lyrics are in any of the touhou wikis I use.
    Should I try and contact the circle directly? Or is there some commonly used lyric website that touhou circles use?

I’m at the point where I might just try and message their twitter but figured there must be a better way.
    I would HUGELY appreciate any thoughts on the matter.

• Releska May 7, 2020 / 7:46 pm

Hi there! Thanks for your kind words (^_^)

In regards to song lyrics, the best place to find them is in the booklet in a physical or some digital versions of the album. Failing that, you could try typing in the song name followed by 歌詞 – this is the Japanese word for ‘lyrics’ and may result in some hits.

This is a good repository too: https://w.atwiki.jp/touhoukashi/
      Some collections like the touhou lossless music collection also include copies of the booklet – if you get a digital copy of the album that doesn’t include lyrics, you could give that a shot to fill in the pieces.

It seems like that collection has lyrics for Synchronicity and Infinity Red, which would be a good start (^_^)

• lootlifter May 8, 2020 / 9:51 am

Thanks a lot I really appreciate it!

30. steve May 23, 2020 / 3:36 pm

Hi! A friend and I were wondering if we could use your translation for “落魄フード || Poverty Food” to submit CC subs for the artist’s video on youtube, since there are no English subs for it yet.

• Releska May 23, 2020 / 4:42 pm

Hi there! That’s not a problem – my only request is that you credit me for the translation (which may include a link to my blog or just a “translated by Releska”) and let me know if anyone spots any parts of the translation that need updating (^_^)

31. Charles Domery May 27, 2020 / 1:29 am

Hello again! I have a small question. How would you translate it: 惡王?

• Releska May 27, 2020 / 11:52 am

Hello! I haven’t seen the first kanji used much before, but it seems to be similar to 悪, which means ‘wicked/evil’. With that in mind, I’d translate it to “Evil Lord”, changing the second word to something like ‘ruler’ or ‘monarch’ depending on the context.

• Charles Domery May 27, 2020 / 7:08 pm

THANK YOU! I came across a song with that name. The author translated it as “The King of Evil”. I didn’t see the first kanji, so I was wondering if there was any other way to translate it.
        Simply put, I was just interested in the “whole point” of this kanji. It looks unusual.

32. iggy July 5, 2020 / 9:35 pm

hi! i sent you a request, but when i updated the page, my message disappeared. did it go to spam? 😦

• Releska July 5, 2020 / 9:44 pm

Hello, unfortunately the overactive spam filter caught it T_T I’ve approved it now so it’s all good!

33. iggy July 10, 2020 / 12:52 am

hello again! will you translate a song whose lyrics are only in the video itself? or do you necessarily need a text version?

• Releska July 10, 2020 / 11:17 am

Hello! I’m trying out an OCR program to help transcribe lyrics from other sources, so I may consider them (not guaranteed). If it’s from a video, the lyrics must be clear to read.

Also, I won’t start transcribing until the request is listed as ‘started’ (so there’s a risk I won’t get to it at all if the video is privated). I think these sorts of requests may take an extra week or two, too… 🙁

• iggy July 10, 2020 / 6:33 pm

great, i understand you! i will write everything in the requests!

• iggy July 11, 2020 / 7:03 pm

by the way, the author is registered on twitter. maybe you should try writing to him and asking for a text.

i just want to make your life easier!

34. evapriestley July 27, 2020 / 6:53 am

Hey! Thanks for your work on here, nothing is more beautiful than a carefully constructed archive.
    I found your translation of Electrocutica’s song Melas and can’t find the original song – do you happen to have a link?
    I am familiar with Re:quiem Melas but don’t see where the lyrics line up in this song, there seems to be a lot of “Latin” (or the made up Latin-esque language that Electrocutica used often in that era), if you could provide some guidance or clarity on this that would be great.

35. Spirafall August 20, 2020 / 3:47 am

Hello Releska,

I was wondering if you could help me translate these two lines?:
    右倣え右の空っぽ共へ (This is a line at the start of a video)
    and
    雁首、揃えてご機嫌よう (This is the title of the song)

I know the first line says “Copy the person to the right” but it could also be “Follow the leader”
    And for the title… “Let’s gather around and bid farewell” is that right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpzsGH8xgBU is the full context.

• Spirafall August 20, 2020 / 4:32 am

Ah sorry, I took it down, but don’t have a way to delete comments. Please disregard. ^^;

• Releska August 20, 2020 / 7:01 am

No worries! I deleted that comment (^_^)

• Releska August 21, 2020 / 7:40 pm

Hello!

When it comes to the title, it’s difficult to offer a firm translation without working through the whole song, but if I had to guess, I’d say “Line Up and Say Hello”

-I think the first part is linked to the expression 雁首を揃える https://kotobank.jp/word/%E9%9B%81%E9%A6%96%E3%82%92%E6%8F%83%E3%81%88%E3%82%8B-236636. My JP – ENG dictionary has it as ‘sit silently at a meeting’, but the Japanese dictionary link suggests it’s a sort of command telling people to line up (perhaps figuratively).

ご機嫌よう is extremely contextual but I think it means ‘hello’ or ‘how do you do.’

As for the first line, I’d go with “Follow those to your right, the empty people to your right.” (Feel free to substitute ‘to your right’ with ‘the leaders’). The full phrase is 右へ倣え, so I think 倣え belongs after the へ at the end of the line.

I hope that helps (^_^)

• Spirafall August 22, 2020 / 2:53 am

Looks like it is tricky, thank you for looking into it!

36. Wings_-9S (@Wings_9S) August 23, 2020 / 9:49 am

Hello there Releska, I’m Wings_9S and i pretty certain you don’t know me LOL
    i always love your translation, and i’m pretty grateful when you help me out with カリスマ煉獄天神 i’m the one who make the first English on the official video
    i’m quite amateur translator if compare to you who has a greatly experience i’m deep respect in your skill on translation
    and i came here to help out some translation or might request some in “Request” if needed
    i saw one of your request ask for “Time paradox” (森羅万象) i already did translated it, But it would be great if it got polishing by you
    so here the video editing to see the lyric https://www.youtube.com/timedtext_editor?action_mde_edit_form=1&v=VXSXfAaan74&lang=en&bl=vmp&ui=hd&ref=player&tab=captions&ar=1598139015095&o=U
    also i got alot of translation that wanted you to help, Aside that i’m quite not trust in my gamma and word play
    ALSO youtube will discontinue community contribution in september i only work through it after that i don’t know how to translating anymore
    -9S

• Releska August 23, 2020 / 11:35 am

Hello there! It’s nice to meet you (^_^)

Unfortunately I’m unable to proofread or edit entire translations, but please leave a comment on this page if you have questions about a particular line in a song. I’m happy to help out!

In terms of general advice, I recommend reading broadly in the language you’re translating to and the language you’re translating from. Find some stuff you’re interested in to start off with (I have a massive manga collection, lol) but also try some different things from time to time.

It’s also free to create a WordPress blog, so maybe you could try that after Youtube discontinues community contributions?

Anyway, have a nice day!

• Wings -9S August 24, 2020 / 9:23 am

Right now i’m translating ピンククラゲと、そっと、キスをした。 by 森羅万象
        “水と月と、そっと、どこまでも”
        it’s a last part of the lyric, And yet i couldn’t understand in it
        do you know what could it be?
        as first thought i think it’s refer to Urumi, Cause she’s entitled as Water stone cow
        but i’m not pretty sure
        please help me out with this one

• Releska August 24, 2020 / 11:53 am

This is an interesting one because how we translate it changes based on our interpretation.

With the whole line (小さく 火花散る 水と月と、そっと、どこまでも)
          I think the 火花 might be linked to the 水 and 月. Maybe “small fireworks quietly scatter [with?] the water and moon forever.”

But, the part you quoted might not be linked to the first part. In that case, it could be about Urumi being “with” the water and moon quietly forever.

It’s definitely an interesting line!

• Wings -9S August 24, 2020 / 2:16 pm

well for now my comment on this part it’s
            小さく 火花散る A small firework quietly rocketed in the sky
            水と月と、そっと、どこまでも Illuminated the moon and sea, Forever, No matter where they are
            i think it still not good but i will try my best to see it through

37. Wings -9S August 26, 2020 / 9:02 am

Hey, I don’t know if you do this but, I just made a translation on Alice video I mean “Alice margatroid” youtube channel
    it’s Mayumi song by shinra-bansho 埴輪讃歌 or “Haniwa’s praise song” this link will direct you to the editing view you will see my translation there
    Feel free to edit it if you wish
    I don’t think this it’s Request right?
    Maybe it positively yes haha.

38. iggy September 9, 2020 / 2:08 am

hi! could you translate one line? I was reviewing this video and only now noticed a few frames. it lists three “clause”. in the third, there is no translation of the last sentence. what does it say?

https://youtu.be/9oKI3w2JGSk (1:35)

• Releska September 9, 2020 / 9:17 pm

Hi! I’d say the last frame at the bottom is “I support your happiness.”

39. Wings -9S September 11, 2020 / 5:39 pm

Hey Releska it’s me again
    this time I’m doing translation for 森羅万象「至極普通のアークライト」(Extremely Ordinary Arc Of Light)
    I always come up with the same problem every time “ず” it’s used to be negative from but when I look at the song lyric which makes me unsure
    Here’s the line: 誰しもが想い 満たせずに If translated it should be “And to everyone’s wish, They all must be fulfilled”
    please help me with this one

• Releska September 12, 2020 / 4:20 pm

Hello! I think in this case, 満たせずに can also be seen as 満たせない (or something like 満たせずにいる).

So I would go with the opposite – ‘nobody can fulfil their dreams.’

40. Yura September 19, 2020 / 5:22 am

Hello Releska! I hope you’re doing well. It just happens that I always remember your website every time I want to understand some Toho Bossa nova lyrics that me and my friends listen to on discord daily. I just found it so beautiful and amazing how one website could make hundreds of Japanese music fans around the world understand what many Japanese artists are trying to convey in the shape of lyrics in music. For that I thank you the deepest for helping tons of people around the world, including my friends and I 🙂

I’m just curious; are you operating this website alone? How much love do you have for translating to translate hundreds of songs alone for a very long time? What do you do for a living, and are you doing alright?
    I’m just amazed to see the amount of songs you’ve translated, and imagining the effort you’ve put on translating each and all of them. You truly are amazing, u should never forget that! I just think that doing a good thing means that you’re doing someone a favor, and It really makes the world a better place to give someone an unconditional benefit, and you’re being a man of quality for that! Thank you 🙂

Wish you all the best ^^

• Releska September 19, 2020 / 7:25 pm

Hello! Thank you for your kind words and support, reading your message made my day! (^_^) I started off translating songs to work on my language skills and better understand my favourite songs, but it’s definitely grown much bigger since then!

In regards to your questions, yes I operate this website alone without an editor! I have a full time job, it’s kinda hard to explain but I’m in a team of two and we help coordinate and research things for a larger workplace. It’s all going really well and I’m in a good place right now. Translation is a hobby and makes me really happy which is one of the reasons why I’ve been doing it for so long. Plus, getting messages of support from people like you makes it even more worthwhile too!

Thanks again, and take care!!

41. Wings -9S September 21, 2020 / 10:50 am

Hello Releska, -9S again I got a most desperate question ever to ask
    I’m making the translation for 運命線上のアリア (Aria on the Line of Fate) By 【森羅万象】
    There’s ONE sentence that I’m so clueless on it, it doesn’t have any info for this sentence
    when The song reaches the final hook the line said せ せ 迫る ひょんな結末 which I could handle
    But then the backdrop sang the line <エンドゥビ エンエンドゥ ビズバー> which I’m completely clueless knowing what is it
    I can’t find any info, But I guessed it’s something related orchestra or symphony thing, maybe anything related to music IDK
    That’s why I’m here to ask for help once again
    Thank you.

• Releska September 21, 2020 / 7:58 pm

Hello! (^_^) I had a bit of a look into this and unfortunately I couldn’t figure anything out… it could just be something made up? The whole word seems to be エンドゥビズバー

I wouldn’t be surprised if エンエン and 延々 were linked…

• Wings -9S September 21, 2020 / 10:16 pm

thank you for trying to help any way I appreciate that!